|Who Was Rosa Parks?
Contributor(s): McDonough, Yona Zeldis, Marchesi, Stephen (Illustrator)
ISBN: 0448454424 ISBN-13: 9780448454429
Publisher: Grosset & Dunlap
Binding Type: Paperback - See All Available Formats & Editions
Published: December 2010
Annotation: In 1955, Rosa Parks refused to give her bus seat to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama, a seemingly small act that triggered civil rights protests across America and earned Rosa Parks the title "Mother of the Civil Rights Movement." Original.
Click for more in this series: Who Was...?
|Library of Congress Subjects: |
- African American women; Alabama; Montgomery; Biography; Juvenile literature.
- African Americans; Alabama; Montgomery; Biography; Juvenile literature.
- Civil rights workers; Alabama; Montgomery; Biography; Juvenile literature.
|BISAC Categories: |
- Juvenile Nonfiction | Biography & Autobiography | Social Activists
- Juvenile Nonfiction | Biography & Autobiography | Women
- Juvenile Nonfiction | People & Places | United States
|Lexile Measure: 700|
|Academic/Grade Level: Grade 4-6, Age 9-11|
|Series: Who Was...?|
|Book type: Juvenile Non-Fiction|
|Physical Information: 7.75" H x 5.50" W x 0.25" (0.26 lbs) 106 pages|
|Accelerated Reader Info|
|Quiz #: 141838
Reading Level: 4.8 Interest Level: Middle Grades Point Value: 1.0
|Scholastic Reading Counts Info|
|Quiz #: Q53116
Reading Level: 4.3 Interest Level: Grades 3-5 Point Value: 4.0
|Descriptions, Reviews, Etc.
Contributor Bio(s): IV>Yona Zeldis McDonough is a longtime doll lover and collector. She is also an award-winning author who has published numerous books for children and adults. She presently lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two children.
|Customers who bought this item also bought...|
|Customer ReviewsSubmit your own review|
|To tell a friend about this book, you must Sign In First!|